Casting Call (Paid), Male Actor playing age 30 – 40 years, Common Chorus Theatre
Common Chorus Theatre – If I Say Jump
Casting Call – Male Actor playing age 30 – 40 years, Leeds and touring – Paid.
‘If I Say Jump’ is an original storytelling theatre performance with parts equally balanced between two performers. We are seeking one male actor to perform alongside established company member Lynsey Jones. The actor would ideally live in commutable distance to locations in West Yorkshire.
‘Danny’ has been born and raised in a small Yorkshire ex mining community. He has made good on an underprivileged upbringing by working as a plasterer. His early adulthood has been plagued by alcohol misuse and anger mismanagement, however since becoming involved in a local Church community and recovery centre he has turned his life around. Through this time Danny has struck up an unlikely, but strong platonic friendship with local vicar Jenny.
The show is fast paced and often comic with provoking and sometimes dark moments. It mixes direct audience address storytelling with sections of naturalistic dialogue, and there are opportunities for physical theatre within the script.
- Playing age 30 – 40
- Must be realistic as having an under privileged upbringing in an ex mining community with a Yorkshire accent
- We welcome applications from BAME applicants
- Good comic timing
- Able to confidently address audiences directly and switch to a naturalistic acting style
- Ability to multi role characters
- Good agility and movement on stage
- Capacity to build a giving and supportive partnership with one other performer
Rehearsals In Week Commencing:
Week 1 – 22nd January, Resident at West Yorkshire Playhouse in Leeds
Week 2 – 26th February, Resident at Interplay in Leeds
Week 3 – 5th March, Resident at Square Chapel Halifax
Week 4 – 12th March, Resident at Carriageworks Theatre in Leeds
- 15th March – Carriageworks Theatre
- 16th March – Carriageworks Theatre
- 17th March – Carriageworks Theatre
- 22nd March – Waterside Arts Centre
- 23rd March – The Witham, Barnards Castle
- 28th March – CAST Doncaster
- 29th March – Halifax Square Chapel
- 11th April – Harrogate Theatre
- 19th April – Arts Centre Washington
- 20th April – Helmsley Arts Centre
- 8th May – Old Town Hall Hemel Hempstead (traveling back 9th May, accommodation provided)
- 10th May – Interplay (Leeds)
- 12th May – The Civic, Barnsley
We have a pending funding application. The minimum fees regardless of its outcome will be £330 per week for rehearsals and £100 for individual performances; totalling £2420.
If we are successful in our application these fees will rise to £458 per week for rehearsals and £115 for individual performances; totalling £3097.
There are no subsistence or travel expenses for rehearsals.
Travel to performances will be provided.
Performances at Carriageworks theatre are included in the production week fee.
Please only express your interest if you are prepared to work for the lesser fee.
To express your interest please email your performers CV or Spotlight link to the Director, Simon Brewis, before 1pm on Monday 8th January. Please include ‘If I Say Jump Casting’ and you name in the email title.
Auditions will be held in Leeds on Sat 13th January, please let us know if this is an issue.
firstname.lastname@example.org / 07817649699
Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.